Monday, September 24, 2012

When You Say Nothin at All

Words are powerful. 

As a child, I would use the phrase, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."  I would say this to convince myself that the hurtful words didn't affect me, but that is far from the truth.  Words have the power to hurt. But words also have the power to inspire.  Being the quote girl that I am, I tend to look for quotes that connect and motivate me.  For instance, "Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives." Words, when arranged in such a way... are beautiful to my ears.  Words have the power to inspire.

Words, the foundation of our language.  They can be used for good and evil.  They are powerful to the fragile beings that we are.  But what if there wasn't any words.  Sometimes the most powerful moments are when there isn't anything to say.  When a person loses their words and becomes: Speechless...
Today I heard this song and realized that:  Yes words are power, but Silence takes over when there isn't any words.  

This is the story of a girl, who has said the wrong thing at the wrong time.  The story of a girl who has been hurt by words but also lifted up by them.  The story of a girl who has been speechless over and over again.  This girl who is inspired to talk a little less and act a little more.




"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. "
-Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment