Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Love Song.

As many of you know, I am spending the next couple months of my life up in the land Far Far Away, Logan.  My first impressions when I moved up here was (1) how friendly the community was and (2) how great the water tastes.  I decided to make the transition smoother by taking a Freshman Class called Connections.  Connections is designed to introduce the new-be's to the campus and college life.  To be 100% honest, I really didn't care for the class.  It wasn't that I didn't learn a lot, it was just really long (6 hours a day for 4 days).  Another honesty note:  I was extremely homesick the second night I was up here.  After a nice dinner with my lovely mother and a late night phone call, I knew that I would be okay.  Being up here hasn't been easy, but I can already feel the growth in myself.  That morning on my way to Connections, I decided to take the famous, "Aggie Shuttle".  This was exactly what I needed at that moment of this transition.

As I stood in line among other Freshman Aggies, I could see the shuttle coming in the distance.  Many things went through my head as I stood there.  I wondered who I would sit by.  I wondered what we would do that day in class.  My mind simply "wondered".  As the bus pulled up to the sidewalk and the door opened, the first thing I saw was an older man with white hair, black thick glasses and a button nose.  He greeted me with a simple but powerful, "Good Morning."  This is where my mind took a trip.. it "wondered" into a vision of an old man and his wife.

On that day, I don't remember who I sat by.. or even the route we took.  I only remember the joy I felt when I opened my ears to the sound of an old love song.  I could hear the old guy sing along and we proceeded to pick up students.  This is when my mind took a journey into the life of this man.  I imagined him singing to his wife as they dance hand in hand.  I imagined Christmas and a Turkey dinner.  I imagined a love story full of laughter and love.  I imagined them younger and falling in love.  I imagined him picking a flower for her as they held hands in the park.  I imagined an etermal companionship and true happiness.

If someone was watching me that day on the bus, they would have seen my countenance change.  Every time I hear a love story or see  a couple in love, I feel a warmth inside of my heart.  This warmth had the power to change my outlook that day.  I often catch myself thinking about that day on the shuttle.  This experience may not have had an effect on another person as it did on me.  All I know is that I imagine me old with my husband.  I imagine us dancing together in the kitchen and holding hands in the park.  I imagine an eternal love full of laughter and service.  I imagine a love song... and a love story in the making.  This is the story of a girl who hopes there truly is a love story for the shuttle driver.  The story of this girl who longs for her love story to progress into a marvelous fairytale.


This is a good way to picture the Shuttle Driver :)

No comments:

Post a Comment