Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Time-


Quotes.  They seem to help me communicate my words when I don't have any of my own.  This quote touched me this morning.  I realized that I will be moving in about 15 days- Time flies.

I remember as a young girl sneaking through the back fence to go play with my next-door neighbor.

I remember jumping on the trampoline and wishing one day I could just fly.


I remember the night I became an aunt.


I remember how nervous I was for the big transition from elementary to middle school.


I remember loosing my confidence and thinking I wasn't good enough.


I remember the school field trips.


I remember the excitement to progress into high school.


I remember playing sports with the team I love.


I remember getting my driver's license.


I remember driving to the school play and getting hit by a deer.


I remember snowy nights and driving through a ditch after a hard basketball practice.


I remember falling in love, and getting my heart broken.


I remember building myself back up.


I remember those friends that changed me.


I remember the summer, a wonderful summer.


I remember opening up and letting down walls.


I remember being shy and quiet.


I remember saving a life at the swimming pool.


I remember an amazing family that always supported me.


I REMEMBER.  

I cherish those memories.  Time does fly and the fact about "time".. it never stops.  I find myself wishing I could go back and relive some of these "Times" but I know that if I live in the past.. I can't create those memories that I cherish today.  I have had an amazing life so far, with amazing people in it.

I have learned to love in many different ways.

I have learned that people may move away, but the relationships don't have to go away.

I have learned that life changes and we change.

I have learned that I have to grow up and become more independent.

I have learned that I am a loved daughter of God and he has a plan for me.  

I HAVE LEARNED.  

I know that I have hurt people in my life, and I mourn for the hurt I caused them.

I know that I am hard on myself.

I know that I have felt love.

I know that I belong to the only true church.

I know that I am a friend, student, sister, and daughter.

I know that time flies.. but I also know that I determine the path that I take.
  
I know I determine what people and things I pursue in the time I have.

I KNOW.

The story of a girl that REMEMBERS and cherishes the "times".  The story of a girl who is getting ready for yet another transition but has LEARNED to keep moving forward.  I KNOW that I am the girl writing this story and I have to keep learning, loving, and cherishing "my story".

2 comments:

  1. 15 days thats so crazy! I hope we get to see each other at least one more time before you move. I work every night tell this coming sunday, then ill be gone monday-friday. I get my wisdom teeth taken out Saturday the 18th. And I move back up the 22nd... If theres any time say the 20th or 21st and you are free let me know. :) Time really does fly.. By the way this post almost made me cry you have been through a lot the past few years and have grown into such and amazing woman because of it. Love you Shay. Lets try to blog more... Ok? I love reading your thoughts keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew! :) It is so crazy! and I move up the 21st so we totally need to make time for each other these next couple of weeks. I pledge to blog more :) I love it! I think it is a great way to collect my thoughts! You are amazing! Love ya, Shay

    ReplyDelete